Text transcript: Money smarts in a flash
Everybody would love to save a little, whether it's for a rainy day or just to treat yourself.
But it often feels like we're spending money faster than we earn it.
Saving = Planning
Saving doesn't have to be hard, you just need a budget that shows what you earn and what you spend. Make sure it all balances out!
Saving = Spending less
- Meals: Pack a lunch.
- Plans: Make sure you have the right cellphone plan for your needs.
- Swaps: Find a group of friends willing to swap or lend books and magazines.
- Recycle: Buy second hand or DIY when it comes to furniture, home decor, clothing, sports equipment, books, DVDs, etc.
- Nights out: Organize get-togethers at home with your friends (it's way cheaper than going out on the town).
- Bills: Pay your bills on time (otherwise you're stuck paying extra fees).
In short: Resources - lifestyle = money left for your goals